Scooting is not only a good habit for your kids, but it is also a new form of exercise for them. When your kids are riding a scooter, their safety is always the first and foremost priority. And it’s your responsibility to make sure that they are safe and using safety gear while riding their scooter. Along with safety gear, a helmet is an essential part of a kid’s scooter. Best Scooter Helmets for Toddlers can save your little ones from serious accidents or any fatal head injuries.
It not only provides protection but also ensures peace in parent’s minds and making your adorable one look great.
Reviews Here Best Scooter Helmet for Toddlers
Riding a scooter is dangerous enough, so there is a sufficient chance to damage the skull during any unexpected accident. So, while riding, wearing helmets can help protect your kid’s body. In the market, there are various types of helmets available, so it is quite challenging to find the Best Kids Scooter Helmets. To help to settle down, here we review the Best Bike Helmets for Kids for you. Follows the reviews for great information.
01. JBM Skateboard Helmet
Are you looking for a multi-sport helmet that can be used by both boys and girls at an affordable price? Then JBM Skateboard Helmet is that one. This Lightweight and durable helmets are specially designed for skating but suitable for all types of Sports. Numerous colors and consider to choose from three sizes variation makes this helmet ideal for Kids / Children / Youth / Adults.
JBM Helmet is designed with the unique aerodynamic design of multiple vents and breathable foam. This feature not only gives the rider proper ventilation of staying cool by reducing sweating but also reduces the high body temperature as long as the riders skate. Manually adjustable straps with side buckles ensure comfort and safety to the wearer.
High impact-resistant materials are worth mentioning in this helmet. This anti-shock function is specially designed for multi-sports head protection in the event of falling or running into something with a skateboard. The highest quality PVC shell with sturdy and durable PVC & PC with EPS foam protects the head or brain from direct impacts and helps to absorb the effects.
- Multi-sports skating helmets
- Features with multi-sporting gear
- The impact-resistant, sturdy and durable exterior shell
- PVC & PC, EPS breathable foam
- Removable internal foam
- Adjustable strap and side buckle
- Multiple air-circulation systems help to keep head fresh while riding
- Available in a whole range of colors and many sizes
- Don’t have any specific safety certification, as mentioned
02. Razor V-17 Child Multi-Sport Helmet
Are you looking for an affordable and protective Multi-Sport Helmet than a typical Scooter helmet for your teens and younger children? Then you will like this stylish and comfortable Razor V-17 Child Multi-Sport Helmet for your kids. By meets all the CPSC standards, this is a Multi-Sport Functionality helmet that is suitable for different types of sports like biking, skating cycling, and rollerblading.
This helmet can fit head sizes between 21.5 and 23 inches, which is especially suitable for different sizes and more massive head kids. Ergonomic interior design with thick padding is not only well fitted as well as ensures maximum comfort and security to the wearer. Additional pads are also thrown in, in case the helmet doesn’t conform to the head.
The helmet has 17 top and side vents. This makes the rider’s head cool and breathable in hot weather by promoting air circulation. For fit adjustment, this helmet is fitted with side release buckles and adjustable and secure chin straps. Whole head multi-sport design coverage is also reliable by giving your child full protection in sporting activities.
- Multi-Sport Functionality featherweight lightest helmet
- Cutting edge design makes the helmets exceptional
- Has Fulfills all CPSC standards
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable and secure
- Comes with elbow and knee pads
- Easily fits heads from 21.5 – 23″Soft internal padding for safety and protection
- Exceptional air circulation help rider keep a cool head
- Adjustable and secure chin straps
- Heavy Helmet than others
- Some complaints helmet size is not adjusting as it stated
- Suitable only for leisure riding
03. Triple Eight Dual Certified Bike and Skateboard Helmet
Another Best Kids Scooter Helmets is Triple Eight Dual Certified Bike and Skateboard Helmet. This helmet comes with customized triple eight logo rivets and meets the CPSC Safety and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards. That means with very stylish looks, and it is ideal for all types of sports includes biking, skateboarding, roller skating, BMX, inline skating, longboarding, etc.
The interior is fitted with an impact-absorbing ESP liner to protect the head from injury. It has two different sets of moisture-wicking, sweat saver Fit Pads which are removable and odor-resistant. Along with customizing different shapes based on the head that padding also helps to prevent smell or bacteria. The helmet has seven vents that help to keep the head fresh and dry by properly ventilated while riding in the summer days.
For best comfort and protection, this helmet has a hard ABS outer shell, adjustable chin straps, and a side release buckle. A neat characteristic of this helmet is, it comes in different colors and sizes. This multi-impact design and features make Triple Eight unique than others some other helmets.
- Multi-Sport Functionality helmet
- Dual Certified product such as CPSC Safety Standard and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards
- ABS shell makes the helmet comfortable, safe, durable
- Adjustable and secure chin strap and side release buckle
- EPS foam liner for head protection and comfort
- Antibacterial sweat saver Fit Pads
- Features with sufficient air circulation
- Different colors make the helmet attractive
- It has no cons
04. Flybar Skateboard Helmet
Flybar Skateboard Helmet is dual certified by CPSC and ASTM Helmet from Flybar. This dual certification means this helmet can be used for bicycling, BMX, roller and inline skating, aggressive/trick skateboarding, scooter, pogoing, and many other multi-sport activities.
Adjustable Padded chin strap, an adjustable dial on the back not only ensures a safe and comfortable fit for the rider, as well as makes sure that the helmet is warm, stays in place, and is secure on the head. The Flybar Dual Certified Helmets has three different sizes and a lot of belligerent color options to choose from. Besides these, all helmets are provided reliable safety protection, both kids and adults, during multi-sports activities.
This universal helmet has a durable ABS outer shell with either a smooth matte finish or cool pogo-themed design, a high-density EPS foam inner shell, 12 wide stylish vents. All these features make this helmet sleek, affordable as well a very safe and comfortable fit for both kids and adults, in many sports activities as well.
- Certified by CPSC & ASTM safety standard
- Available in multiple color, styles and sizes option
- Secure ABS outer Shell makes the helmet comfortable, safe, durable
- Suitable for both adults and kids
- Attractive ventilation helps the rider to keep a cool head
- Reasonably priced
- Adjustable chin Straps for extra comfort
- EPS Foam Inner Padding for maximum comfort
- Adjustable spin dial for a perfect fit
- Poor quality makes it fragile
- Some users have issues with the straps
05. SMITH Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
The SMITH Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet is a budget-friendly helmet suitable for both teenagers and adults as well. This helmet has a Self-adjusting lifestyle fit system that provides the rider a comfortable fit without much effort.
The ABS shell bombshell construction makes the helmet perfect for biking, scooting, and skateboarding, as well as suitable for all-season toughness. The Holt’s molded ABS shell makes it resistant to dings and scratches, which means, it gives superior protection from injury to the head. Along with it, this quality construction makes this helmet heavier than in-mold styles, and it is hard to find at an affordable price.
This classic look helmet has an AirEvac system with fourteen vents, which ensures proper air away from that not only keeps your head dry but also your goggles won’t fog up as well. Customizable Bombshell ear pads are suitable both in cold and warm temperatures and help to improve sound transmission. It also features an optional Skullcandy audio system, removable goggles lock, and Airflow climate control.
- ABS style Bombshell construction helmet
- Comfortable to use in all season
- Audio compatible
- Features with adjustable Airevac Ventilation system
- Comfortable to flexible to wear
- Removable Goggle lock
- Not suitable for larger heads
- Very heavy and bulky
Read here Best Scooter for 6 Year Old
There are varieties of scooter helmets and knee & elbow pads available in the market. Of course, buying the Best Bike Helmets for Kids is a straightforward affair, but it becomes difficult when choosing the right ones according to your kid’s age and weight. Because when purchasing, you have to consider both safety and comfort factors. There are some safety factors you have to consider when buying the Best Scooter Helmets for Toddlers.
Design & Size
Getting the right Design & Size of the helmet is vital for riding in any situation. A loose helmet will offer the protection your kids needed whereas, a too-tight helmet is uncomfortable, and it does not perform well. By measuring the head circumference in centimeters, you can choose your kid’s head size helmet. Use a fabric measuring tape around your child’s head, a little above one inch, their eyebrows. With this measurement, you can get a rough idea of the size of the child helmet.
The right design of the helmet that kids like is also most important. Various model designs are available in the market but for kids Sporty-like, kitty-like, and skull-looking helmets are more favorable to the kid. Good cartoon drawings helmets are preferable by kids too.
You have to ensure that the material of the helmet is most durable to guarantee the safety of your children. Various types of materials are used to build helmets. ABS plastic, Polycarbonate plastic material helmets offers not only the best impact protection but also survive in a fire. Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam liner material is likewise for a helmet as it is added padded and lightweight.
The level of comfort of wearing helmets depends on the weight and proper vitalizations of helmets. You have to make sure that the helmet is lightweight. Lightweight helmets sit comfortably and may not put any strain on the neck, especially during long rides. Proper vitalizing mechanism helmets make the rider’s head cool and breathable in hot weather. Moreover, if the interior of the helmets is featured with gel or foam padding, then it ensures maximum comfort on the scalp, in case of getting hurt impact.
It’s worth checking the weight of the kid’s helmet. A heavy helmet is durable and more robust, but during long rides, it will make the neck ache and may strain your neck. Whereas a lightweight helmet is more comfortable and very easy to moves on the head. Above all, your child doesn’t get panic when using for a long time.
Who Needs the Best Scooter Helmet?
Riding a scooter, whether it is bikes, inline skates, skateboards, and motorcycles is very dangerous because of most of the common injuries or accidents such as Head trauma, damage to the brain or the risk of death involved in it. As the interest of children in cycling or skateboards or roller skates or rollerblades is increasing day by day, as a conscious parent, you must encourage your child to wear a helmet. Wearing a helmet protects the wearer from severe head and brain injury or the risk of death. Wearing helmets is also applicable for Scooter riders, bike riders, and Skateboard Scooter riders.
How Do I Know What Size of Helmet Fit for My Child?
When riding a bike, you should put an adequately fitted helmet on your child correctly. If your child’s helmet is not the right size, it is much better not to wear a helmet. To choose the right size helmet for your kids first, you have to do-
- Start by measuring the circumference of a kid’s head. Use a fabric measuring tape around your child’s head, a little above one inch of eyebrows. With this measurement, you can get a rough idea about the size of the child helmet.
- Position the helmet directly on top of your child’s head.
- Tighten snugly, but comfortably in place.
- Adjusting the straps to form of Y, just below the child’s ear because tightly adjustable straps help to keep the helmet centered on the child’s head.
- Then tighten the chin strap under the chin but not so excessively. The chin strap should be loose enough so that you should be able to insert one finger between the strap and child’s chin.
- Now check continues and adjusts your child’s helmet regularly every time they ride. If the chin strap loose or the helmet crooked, then tightens things back up. The helmet should fit your child’s head comfortably.
Scooter helmet is essential to ensure your kids’ safety when scooting. Finding the perfect helmet depends on some primary considerations such as fitting, weight, age, cooling, Construction, etc. As a conscious parent, you can only decide on the Best Scooter Helmet for Toddlers.
Our reviewing these products will keep your child safe from getting hurt of a vulnerable part of the body, which is the head if they tumble during scooting. Hopefully, this guide will let your little one enjoy ride off happily and makes sure your kids will be safe by wearing the Best toddler Helmet.